Friday 25 July 2008

Day 4 - 24th July 08

So, yesterday, I done nothing again but this is because I’ve had a change of plan. I’ve decided that I’ll introduce things slowly, as in week by week. I decided this because I’ve tried numerous times to try and get into shape but I lost motivation after the first couple of days. The reason for this I think is because I expected too much of myself too soon.

For example I would be expecting myself to do an abdominals training circuit and then go out for a run at night, but really this isn’t going to happen and I was expecting too much of myself, so I’m testing to see if my new approach will work, and this is what it is.

This week I will stick with just the push up challenge, then next week I will probably introduce skipping. Yes, I said skipping. I used to skip when I used to be a boxer a couple of years ago and I found it really good, I enjoy it more than running and I think it is a good exercise for burning calories. All I need to do is get my skipping rope, go in the garden and skip for as long as I want. So yeah, next week I’ll introduce some skipping.

The next week (week 3) I will introduce some training for my abs as well as continuing my skipping and most importantly the push up challenge. I think if I keep going like that then I’ll be more motivated to keep going because then I’ll be adding new things into it and keeping it more exciting.

But yesterday, day 4, I didn’t do anything as I said but I did decide on where I want to go from now so it wasn’t a complete waste of a day.

No comments: